Sunday, April 8, 2018

Blog post April 8, 2018

                                                                             

Dear Parents and Students,                                                                                                                                                        
Greetings to each of you,

As we return from Spring Break, I feel so blessed to have the privilege to invest in each one of our students. I thoroughly enjoy the class discussions that we have and I hope that they may even carry over to further discussion with you at home!

Beginning Monday, the 7th and 8th graders will start Unit 7 which covers the 400 year interval between the Old and New Testaments, sometimes referred to as the “Silent Years.” However, God was not silent during these years as we’ll study and discuss over the course of the next two weeks. Please refer to the two-week Bible planner attached to the email I sent for specific passages we’ll be discussing as well as the upcoming memory verses for the next two weeks.

The 6th graders will start Unit 7 which covers the events of Pentecost and the book of Acts. It is exciting reading and I’m looking forward to going through it with our students. Please refer to the two-week Bible planner attached to the email I sent for specific passages we’ll be discussing as well as the upcoming memory verses for the next two weeks.

Please know that my goal for the students is to teach not just what the Bible says, but what it means, and how it applies to our daily lives. In my experience as a pastor, I have found that most of us struggle with how to work out the truths of the Bible in our everyday lives. I believe God wants us to study His Word not to know ABOUT Him, but to know Him. As Paul wrote in Phil. 3:10, “I want to know Christ,” – not I want to know about Christ.

I share this with you for two reasons: 1) So we can pray and partner together to ask God to bring this to fruition in each one of the students’ hearts and 2) because life transformation is hard work (whether you are in middle school or well into your adult years!) Please know that my heart’s desire and motivation is to challenge the students to study God’s Word so that they will be changed by it.

As always, please feel free to contact me anytime.

This week’s memory verse:

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
– Hebrews 4:12

Blessings,
Mr. Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment