Sunday, March 25, 2018



Blessings to each of you!

I want to again express my gratitude for the kind words of encouragement and support that I have received from so many of you over the course of the last several weeks. I know it has been an adjustment for all of us but your understanding and prayers are much appreciated!

The 6th graders are continuing Unit 6 on Jesus’ resurrection that we began last week. We have had some very wonderful class discussions going over the workbook materials. You may have noticed that rather than have the students complete the workbook pages on their own outside of class I have had them working on them in class together. I think this will lend itself better to getting the most out of the workbook materials as I am able to explain the lessons as they complete them rather than having them work on them on their own outside of class time. 

The 7th and 8th graders are continuing Unit 6 on prayer that we began last week. We have had some very fruitful class discussions on prayer AND ALSO began praying as part of our class time together. My desire is not just to teach about prayer, but to give them opportunities to pray. For some students, I suspect this may be a bit of a stretch but I was so proud to see them boldly pray to God. My hope is that they will become comfortable with praying “on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests,” (Eph. 6:18).

We also continue to spend time daily in God’s Word. This last week the students spent 30 minutes over the course of the week in personal study of a certain segment of Scripture. What was really exciting was having them share with the class on Friday what God has spoken to them through studying His Word that week! Again, my desire is that they will learn to hunger for God’s Word as they experience the power of spending time with Him on a regular basis.

Finally, the students spent time memorizing selected verses of the Bible. Please know that my goal is not only for them to memorize the words but also to understand the meaning and context so God can apply it to their lives here and now. God’s Word is “alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart,” (Hebrews 4:12). That is why we memorize it. 

Thank you for your prayers. Also know that I am praying for you. If there is anything specific you’d like me to know and/or pray for – don’t hesitate to contact me. Also, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

~ Mr. Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment