Saturday, March 17, 2018


March 17, 2018

Dear Parents and Students,     
                                                                                               
Let me begin by expressing my apologies for the time it has taken to get this blog written. I had wanted and intended to write it last week but due to the learning curve I have experienced since beginning on March 1st, I was unable to get the chance. Thank you for your patience and understanding as I try and get up to the speed.

I want you to know that it has been a pleasure to serve you as the ECS Bible school teacher and I can’t thank everyone enough for their encouragement, support and prayers. What a wonderful group of administrative staff, teachers, parents and student we have here at ECS!

With regard to Bible class, the 6th graders just finished reading and discussing the events leading up to and including Jesus’ crucifixion and death. We had quite a discussion just this last week with regard to what Jesus endured on the cross (both physically and spiritually) and I know many of the students were impacted by the events of the Passion Week. The next two weeks leading up to Easter we will be working through Unit 6 which deals with the events surrounding Jesus’ resurrection!

The 7th and 8th graders began a new unit dealing with prayer. This has provided for several in depth discussions on prayer, including fasting and the relationship between prayer and faith. I have been challenging the students to spend more time with God in prayer as well as fasting (not necessarily from food but other areas of sacrifice – such as social media!)

I also want you to know that I have the students studying pre-selected passages of the Bible, and journaling about them. They have 30 minutes set aside in class throughout the week to do this and then have the opportunity to share with the rest of their classmates what God has said to them. My hope and prayer is that this will give them both a love for God’s Word and a hunger for more of God!

Please also know that I am praying for each of the students and their families. If there is anything specific you’d like to me know and/or pray for – don’t hesitate to contact me. Also, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

This week’s memory verses:
6th – The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. Psalm 19:8

7th/8th – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Blessings in Christ!
Mr. Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment